Steve and Jaylene

Welcome to our lives and times ....

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Steve and Lydia - what fantastic accomplishments!


Steve and Lydia have both recently achieved fantastic goals.

Steve is in his last year of graduate school, and has recently been very busy with trying to wrap up his Master's projects, taking oral examinations, and basically doing WAY too much. Today, he has reached yet another benchmark towards graduating - conducting his graduate recital program. He has been working with a choir at OSU and they performed their concert. They did a wonderful job - and I have to say that Steve really looked at home on that stage. I think he's going to do well on the career path that he has chosen!

But, on to the most exciting news of all! Lydia has started to sleep through the night! (ish). She will sleep at least 7 hours at night, and one night this week she even slept for 9 hours! We are absolutely loving this latest development and hope that it continues! It has really helped with going to school and work - we are not quite the zombies that we used to be. I am still exhausted, but it is definitely getting better! Lydia is the cutest baby! She has started to smile and "talk" to us, and has so many people wrapped around her little finger! She is the darling of the OSU Choral Music Department, and has people falling in love with her wherever she goes.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work, Steve... but I have to say Lydia totally trumps you! ;)

    I remember feeling like a new woman when I could string together that much sleep. Enjoy it. I know your schedules are still hectic but hopefully this helps you soak up Lydia time when you and she are more awake! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaylene I just found your blog! Looks like you are doing great! I haven't seen you forever- its been too long! What a cutie pie you have! Kids are so fun! We have a blog but it is private, if you want an invite email me at spackmansrock@msn.com and I will invite you! Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete