Steve and Jaylene

Welcome to our lives and times ....

Friday, November 13, 2009

Getting older makes you think about random things

I (Jaylene) had the 2nd worst birthday of my life on Tuesday, for several different reasons:

1. I turned old. I mean, really old. 29.

2. My husband had to be at school all day until pretty late in the day.

3. I was sick. Really sick. I had a high fever and nausea and all flu-related symptoms. I was miserable to say the least.

4. It is now 3 days past my birthday and I am still sick. The fever is gone, but I have aches and an awful cough.

5. I still haven't gotten to celebrate my birthday. My husband was going to take me out for a nice dinner but I thought we should wait until I could enjoy the taste of food again!

At least I got to stay home from work. :)

Turning 29 kind of made me have a new outlook on life. I realized that ever since I started this blog I have really not done much with it, and only one of my sisters is even following it! So, it is now my new goal to actually post things on this blog. To quote from an old movie, "If you build it, they will come." I'm thinking - maybe if I build up this blog, people might read it and then I wouldn't feel as old because I'd have some tech-savvy friends.

If not, it might make me feel good just to try it anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Since you made a goal to start updating your blog more often....I hope to see a new post with Lydia on it soon!!!

    ReplyDelete